From:
S Christopher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
S Christopher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1993 16:58:23 EST
If balance is important, it looks like the 1993-94 edition of the
Northern Michigan University Wildcats may be in good shape.  At the
annual Green-Gold scrimmage on Saturday evening  one half of the team
defeated the other in a shootout after the regulation play expired with
the score 4-4.  The shootout ended up 2-1, with the winning goal scored
on the final attempt.

The most interesting thing to me about the scrimmage (I didn't attend;
only got a few details from the newspaper yesterday) was that a brand
new goalie who wasn't even around last year played for one side.  I
don't recall his name, but he obviously performed as well, at least in
terms of goals allowed, as this year's starter Paul Taylor.  The other
two goaltenders for the 'Cats last year are gone; Corwin Saurdiff turned
pro and Rob Kruhlak graduated (with honors in physics).

It's hard to believe the season begins this weekend!  In our case, it's
with two games at Lakeview Arena against the CCHA's and sister Michigan
institution Ferris State.  Bob Gilreath of Michigan Tech and I have
already made plans for swapping tickets for the October 29 and 30 home
and home series between the Huskies and the Wildcats.  Gee, I don't know
 if I can take a hockey trip to Houghton that may not involve a
blizzard!  (NOW I've gone and jinxed the U.P., I suppose!)

 *  Steve Christopher, NMU  [log in to unmask] - GO CATS!  * * * *    *
 *  NCAA Division I Hockey National Champions  1990-91   * "WE'VE *   *
 *  NCAA Division I Hockey Final Eight 1991-92           *  ONLY  *   *
 *  NCAA Division I Hockey Final Eight 1992-93           *  JUST  *   *
 *  WCHA League Champions 1990-91                        *  BEGUN"*   *
 *  WCHA Playoff Champions 1988-89/1990-91/1991-92         * * * *    *