From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1993 11:22:53 -0500
Since we've got the Big Ten (CCHA/WCHA Challenge) Tourney starting this
season, and the Governor's Cup at UMass next season, here are a couple
of ideas for new tournaments that are screaming out to be held.

* Vatican 5 (or whatever), or the Pope John Paul II Invitational: the
  four full-time DivI Catholic schools - BC, PC, Merrimack, Notre
  Dame - fly to Rome for this tourney to be held over Christmas.  The
  rink can be set up in the middle of St Peter's and the Pope can drop
  the puck right after midnight Mass.

* The General Patton Memorial Tournament: Air Force, Army, Navy, and
  Coast Guard (they have a club team).  As for where to play, I'm not
  sure...maybe set up a temporary rink aboard an aircraft carrier.

BTW...I know I'm going to hear it for the name of the machine I'm on
(check the From: line).  I didn't name it; my system was swapped with
someone else's yesterday.  I'm already working on either changing its
name or fixing sendmail.cf so that it does not include the hostname. :-)
---
Mike Machnik           [log in to unmask]          [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                  *HMN* 11/13/93