From:
S Christopher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
S Christopher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1993 10:27:06 EDT
Corwin Saurdiff announced at the end of last season that he was going to
turn pro.  His draft rights have been owned by the Sharks for a while.
I don't think our coaching staff think he was making the best decision,
but they wished him well.

Corwin was fairly open about not being too happy last season about
losing his starting-all-games status.  Freshman Paul Taylor came on very
strong about a third of the way into the season and after that he and
Saurdiff usually alternated in goal.  It seems as if Corwin didn't
relish another year like that.  This is kind of ironic, because in 91-92
Saurdiff had "taken away" the presumed heir to Billy Pye's job, Rob
Kruhlak's, job as starter with his own very impressive performance.
          I wouldn't say the change was as extreme with him and Taylor,
but there certainly was no doubt that the two of them were seen as very
equivalent by the end of the season.

 *  Steve Christopher, NMU  [log in to unmask] - GO CATS!  * * * *    *
 *  NCAA Division I Hockey National Champions  1990-91   * "WE'VE *   *
 *  NCAA Division I Hockey Final Eight 1991-92           *  ONLY  *   *
 *  NCAA Division I Hockey Final Eight 1992-93           *  JUST  *   *
 *  WCHA League Champions 1990-91                        *  BEGUN"*   *
 *  WCHA Playoff Champions 1988-89/1990-91/1991-92         * * * *    *