Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1993 17:03:45 EDT
For the 5th time in 5 years (or 6th in 6), Cornell has changed the ticket
policy for students again.  Unlike previous years, where some form of a line
and or sleep out was needed to get tickets, this year the policy will not
involve an overnight in Lynah.  The new policy, which was announced in the
bursar billing for the fall term (nice touch), requires that students return a
form along with a prepaided $114/ticket (up to 2).  Then on a first return
basis, the students will be assigned a sale number based on date of matricula-
tion.  The sale will be 11 September, and students will get general admission
tickets BY SECTION at that time.  I do not know how this will work out, but
after the riot two years ago, and the general confussion last year, the
athletic department seems to want to try a new idea.  While some people will
find this new policy an improvement, the loss of the overnight among the
"Lynah Faithful" is a tradition I will remember from my undergrad days which
new students have lost.  But as I am soon to leave Ithaca, I can take my old
memories and leave Lynah to the new students.

William Sangrey
Cornell '87&'94
Let's Go RED!!!