From:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 May 1993 14:42:32 -0500
Mike Burger wrote:

>Jeff Jackson's tenure as an assistant for the Hartford Whalers lasted about
>ten days.  He will return to Lake Superior as both Coach and Athletic Director.
>
>Source: Associated Press

I noticed this in the Transactions section of the S'trib today, too.  What's
up?  Was he the AD before, or was he offered the AD job to get him to come
back?

Also, I'll throw a log on the rumor fire and repeat a Sports Talk radio rumor:
(I don't think I have to spell out all the disclaimers that go with this
kind of info!)
The rumor is that (former Gopher coach) Herb Brooks will be fired as coach
of the New Jersey Devils and replaced by either Robbie Ftorek or Maine
coach Shawn Walsh.

I think I heard somewhere else that Herbie's job was in jeopardy, but this
is the only mention I've heard of Walsh replacing him.

Pam Sweeney
Go Gophers!!!
1993 WCHA Playoff Champions!!!