From:
Peter Kester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 91 13:42:59 -0500
Bowdoin College (ECAC III E) scores:
1/25 @Williams 3     Bowdoin 2
1/26  Bowdoin 2     @Holy Cross 1  OT
1/29  Salem St. 10  @Bowdoin 6

Bowdoin's record is now 7-6-2 (6-6-2 ECAC III E).  They are in 8th
place struggling for the last playoff spot (the top 7 teams make the
ECAC III E playoffs with the top seed getting a first round bye)

Bowdoin's upcoming games:
2/1  @Norwich
2/2  @Middlebury

Second hand notes on the Bowdoin - Salem St. game:

From Matt Schechter ([log in to unmask])

We scored first (26 seconds) and looked strong.  Salem, however,
picked up three quick goals before we could score again.  They scored
once more in the period to lead 4-2 after one.

Bowdoin scored first again in the second to get within one.  Then we
fell apart.  Salem, although only taking 5 shots all period, dominated
play and scored on 3 of those shots to go up 7-3 after 2 periods.  Tom
Sablak, who started in goal, was pulled for Darren Hersh after the 6th
[Salem St.] goal.  Although Hersh was playing better, he was the
goalie who started the last time we played Salem--a game we lost
11-5-- thus the reson for Sablak starting.

In the third period, Salem scored twice more to go up 9-3.  With about
10 min, left we scored to get within five.  Then we scored twice more
to get within 9-6 with about 6 minutes left.  We looked good and Salem
seemed to be reeling.  However, Salem scored once more with about 5
min left to put the game out of reach.

From Phil Villiotte ([log in to unmask])

Jeff Wood [Bowdoin] scored two goals for a total of 10 for the year.
I think Kashian scored and I'm unsure on the rest.  Sablak started in
goal and gave up 6 goals in 2 periods.  About 3 were his fault, the
others were tap ins made possible by great skating by Salem.  Hersh
played about 8 min of the 3rd period and gave up 3 goals- none were
his fault, all came from skating and luck (one shot from the point hit
a leg and went in) The 3rd string goalie came in with the score 9-3 in
the 3rd.

My thanks to Phil and Matt for providing the details.

                                     +-------+
Peter J. Kester                      |        \
INTERNET:   [log in to unmask]        |        /
BITNET:     pkester@mitre            | /
VOICE:      (703) 883-5623 [Work]    |+
            (703) 849-9475 [Home]    | \