From:
tony BU'92 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
tony BU'92 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 1993 02:46:22 EST
So, all of this unofficial:

Michigan over Wisconsin 4-3 in OT
Lake Superior State over Minn-Duluth 4-3
Boston University over N. Mich U. 4-1
Maine beating Minn 6-2 with 5 minutes to go.

So it looks like a CCHA - HE final four.

Does anyone know the times for which games on
Thursday  (Mich-Maine  and  BU-LSSU) ?

Some comments on the East Regionals tonight:
NMU came out of the box hitting, and never stopped.
BU tried to hit hard on occasion, but was clearly
the receivers of most crushes.  There was some xtra
unnecessary chippiness from NMU, and, surprisingly,
BU did not respond (for the most part - save one crash
of the net by Doug Friedman - Yes, he was pushed in,
but he also put a little extra, unnecessary mustard
on it).  If BU had played this controlled in the HE
final last week, maybe they could have given Maine
a better game.
For the most part, it was not the most exciting game
of the year, as BU pretty much controlled this game
from start to finish.  Herlofsky was excellent in goal
again (1 goal - ??? saves).
Not much else, on to the final 4!!!

Maine-Minn:
If Minn could connect on a pass in front of the net,
they would have won this thing.
Unofficial:  I believe Peter Ferraro broke the Maine
all-time penalty minutes mark for a season tonight.

Minn played tough, hung in there in play carrying, but
could not connect.  The difference in this game was that
Maine had a better goaltender, Dunham, who stuffed many
Minn chances, while Maine's talent up front, whenever
they did manage to break free, made Minn pay for it.
The Maine power play looks better every time I see them.

Well, that's it from Worcester.
BTW - I am going out to Wisconsin this week, so please
  let me know if and where any gatherings are taking place.

And then there were four...

Tony  BU'92
OGRE