Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1993 13:12:53 EST
By way of reference, Wayne posted
   What is lousy is your clueless newspaper, as it quotes what appears
   inflammatory, but fails to provide background.

Maybe the newspaper is clueless, or maybe Laing Kennedy is clueless.  It was
the student newspaper that reported that he said that NMU was selected
due to their better post-season and the win in the GLI.  I can believe that
the student newspaper may have quoted him wrong.

But I just bought the Lansing paper and read their story for comparison.
Kennedy is quoted in that paper:
"Northern had a little edge in strength of schedule, POST-SEASON
PLAY [emphasis mine] and in the one game they played."

As I posted before, I had never before heard that "post-season" play
was a criteria for a bid.