Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1993 22:44:59 EST
1st, as a BU student who was actually at Maine for the upset,
I can repeat some of the fan reactions to the game (in Maine
and Monday at BU).  To give you an idea of how big it was, some
ill-guided individuals dared to blaspheme and claim that they
would rather have upset Maine that way than to have won the
Beanpot.  I recovered from my shock and they should be out of
the hospital any day now.

2nd, a little point to all the Maine fans out there (spelling lesson)
M - A - I - N - E   spells Maine, not Blue.
(just figured I'd inform you)

3rd, one little humerous cheer we (BU) gave to Maine up there
the other week is worth repeating.  After Maine's performance
in the NCAA's 4 of the past 5 years (I do not blame them for
1989), and then coming one game short of the NCAA record for
the longest unbeaten streak, I stood up and led a planned,
devious cheer.  I yelled to the BU people, "Gimme a 'C',"
They responded "C," etc.  We spelled out C-H-O-K-E.  I then
screamed, "What does that spell?!?"  They gleefully yelled,
"Maine!"  Me: "What?"  Them: "Maine!"
The Maine faithful gave a loud groan and some smattering
of boos as if we had just touched a *slightly* tender
spot.  Just thought I'd relate that.

Finally, I am not sure what exactly brought on the whining
about Brown being snubbed, and I won't argue over why, after
close examination, I still can not rate them in the top 15.
What I will say is that when opposing fans yell "Seive" at
a goalie, it is not always a sign of disrespect.  As a matter
of fact, it is usually the opponents that you hate/fear/respect
the most that you also taunt the most.  Trust me, I have yelled
"Seive" at some pretty good goaltenders in my day.

That's it for now.
See ya at Providence, Sid.

Tony  BU'92
(BU'93?)