Ed Olczyk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1993 11:19:25 CST
> let's raise a few questions about the game?
> 3.  who's the favorites for the national champanship or final four?
> here's my picks for whatever there worth-------------- ccha-michigan
> wcha-wisconsin hockey east-maine (really went out on a limb for this

I don't think so.  UMD (Minnesota-Duluth) will take the WCHA regular season
and playoff titles.  They are ahead by 6 points with 4(6) games left. (Let me
explain, they have 4 games left, 2nd place Wisconsin has 6)  The Dogs have
scored 30 more goals than anyone else in the league and have 2 of the top 5
scorers in the nation.

> one, eh!) independent-alaska-fairbanks has an outside shot.
> 4. How about a hobey baker winner?
> got to be down to just a few.  the ones i am familier with greg johnson
> with n. dakota and andrew shier with wisconsin. fill me in on others
> please!!!!!!!!!

Well, I would say the main player from Wisconsin being considered is Barry
Richter.  Derek Plante from Minnesota-Duluth has got to be up there, too.  He
is leading the nation in scoring and dominates most of the games the Bulldogs
play.  As far as others, I couldn't tell you.

--
Tony Frolik                                        [log in to unmask]
                      UMD Bulldogs-WCHA Leaders