From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 91 16:58:03 EST
    Thanks for breaking the news, Tim.  I'm happy to see Kent get the invite
    and I think it's a good move for everyone involved.  I'm sure they
    will be celebrating tonight in Kent.

    We've discussed what kind of an effect this will have on the CCHA
    before, and there are many possibilities, but at the very least it
    is sure to mean the end of the 4 games vs. each opponent scheduling,
    since that would be 36 league games right there (and the NCAA
    wants to go from 38 overall to 34).

    Next question: does this make it more difficult for Notre Dame to
    enter the CCHA?  Should the Irish set their sights on the WCHA
    instead or will the CCHA accept an 11th team?

    With Union having received an invitation to join the ECAC, we
    turn our sights in that direction.  I hope the Union people will
    keep us informed on what goes on in the debates there.  I believe
    it would be good for Union to follow the Kent-CCHA lead, but of
    course I'm not at Union and I can't judge what would be best for
    the school.  Everything I have heard leads me to believe that
    Union and the ECAC would be a good match, so we will have to
    see what happens over the next few weeks.

    Please post any news that comes out of the convention, as I haven't
    heard anything here yet.  Have they voted on those ridiculous
    resolutions yet?

    If I hear anything on the rumor mill tonight at BU, you'll see it
    tomorrow right here.

    - mike