From:
Mark Grassl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 91 10:10:27 CST
The Badgers have lost their top two scorers due to injuries.  Sean Hill
has a badly sprained knee and is out for 3 weeks.  Doug MacDonald has
a sprained knee and a deep thigh bruise and is out for an indefinite
period of time.  Both were injured in the Badger Showdown victory
over North Dakota.  Freshman Jason Zent is also day-to-day.  He left the
US team at the World Junior Championships in Canada because of a wrist
injury.

What happened in Mpls. over the weekend?   How did Colorado College
manage to beat Minnesota on Saturday?  I bet CC coach Brad Buetow
(ex-Minnesota coach) was happy.

By the way the Instone Ranking was obliquely referred to by a local
newspaper columnist.  Let me quote him, "...two of the more interesting
rankings are computer compilations that use formulas...".   Is there
another college hockey ranking algorithm out there in use?  Has anyone
heard of this other computer ranking?

Mark Grassl