From:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Nov 1992 11:34:18 -0600
Well, I think Minnesota's Brian Bonin is turning out to be an "impact
freshman".  He's playing on what had started out to be a third line with
Joe Dziedzic and Justin McHugh, but their line has been probably the most
productive even-strength, and has moved up to the number two line. Bonin
now is also playing point on the power play (last I saw) and killing penalties,
roles I'm sure Doug Woog would rather not burden a freshman with (Darby
Hendrickson, last year's WCHA Freshman of the Year, was eased into these
roles gradually), but he has fewer options than he did last year after the
Gophers' slow start and the injury to Hendrickson.

Pam Sweeney
Go Gophers!!!