From:
Mark Grassl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Grassl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Aug 1992 09:27:13 -0500
Steve Christopher writes:

>And, finally, I'm surprised no one noted in the last two collections of
>postings on HOCKEY-D that Northern Michigan's new assistant hockey coach
>is a gentleman from the Wisconsin program, name of Ford.  We hear very
>good things about him!  (His appointment was a kind of fits- and-starts
>thing; first the local papers had him being hired, then it was denied,
>then a couple of weeks later--last week--it was made official.)

	Well I thought about mentioning this but then I thought I'd
	leave the honor to a NMU fan.

	Pat Ford is a new assistant coach for NMU.  He played center
	for Wisconsin from 1984-88.  Since then he has been coaching but
	I can't remember where(UW-Eau Claire springs to mind but I am
	probably wrong).

>Although I'd normally hate to say this in August (August!!! What kind of
>a place is this U.P, anyway?!) but since the trees are beginning to turn
>anyway, I'm wondering how far I'll progress on the "move up" list for my
>season tickets at Lakeview Arena already.

	Next week I get to stand in line for the UW student hockey tickets.
	The UW Atheletic Dept. is incredibly inept at this simple task of
	selling tickets.  Long waits and slow service every year.  They must
	figure suffering in line seperates the devoted fans from the casual
	rah-rah-let's-back-the-only-revenue-producing-sport-that-has-a-winning-
	record-at-Wisconsin fans.

---mark "No, I don't have tickets to see U2 at Camp Randall, I saw them
	 8 years ago when they were really cool" grassl