Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 1992 09:16:14 EDT
I sure would like to see schools like UNH, who only have 24 league
games, schedule some teams from the CCHA and WCHA.  Why don't they?
I would think that the fans at UNH would enjoy seeing a weekend
matchup between the Wildcats and, for example, Spartans, Gophers,
Wolverines, Fighting Sioux, etc.  My intent isn't to pick on UNH...it
was just there to use as an example.  I guess, though, that since
teams in the west have less room to schedule non-conference games,
they wouldn't want to pass up the opportunity to schedule opponents
that were former rivals or are geographically closer.  For example, I
can see why Michigan State might use a non-conference weekend to play
Northern Michigan as opposed to, say, Clarkson.

Justin Doherty
Lame duck NMU Asst. SID