From:
Jim Love <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 17 Jun 1992 17:41:40 EDT
    Some time ago a Wisconsin partisan (perhaps Dave Parter ??) posted some
tentative information regarding ticket availability for the 1993 Phinal
Phour at Milwaukee's Bradley Center.  It was reported that the Organizing
Committee was attempting to couple Phinal Phour and Badger Showdown tickets
as a package deal - buy both and get a better seat selection.  That didn't
sound so onerous initially, but now that I've read the "official" policy (as
reported in Vol. 3 #1 of the Wisconsin "Super Fans" Sporadic Newsletter) I'm
more than a little angry.  I quote [parenthetical comments are mine]:

     "The Bradley Center has set the priority order for obtaining seats for
the Final Four [wait'll the NC$$ lawyers see this] and the Badger Showdown.
It is possible to order tickets for only the Final Four, but you will be
placed at the bottom of the list.  The priority order is:

1) Badger season ticket holders who buy tickets for both events,
2) Milwaukee Admirals (IHL) season ticket holders who buy tickets for both,
3) Previous Showdown ticket holders who buy tickets for both,
4) The general public who buy tickets for both [and last - certainly least],
5) Those who buy tickets for one of the two events.

Your three options to buy your tickets are:

1) Buy and use your tickets for both events [$85 for each ticket package],
2) Buy tickets for both events, use only the Final Four tickets, and the
     'Super Fans' in Wisconsin will work their butts off to [try and] sell
     the Badger Showdown tickets for you [Hah Hah], or
3) Buy tickets for the Final Four only [$60 for each ticket package].

NOTE: IF YOU CHOOSE OPTION #3 YOU WILL MOST LIKELY BE SEATED HIGH IN THE
      UPPER BALCONY OF THE BRADLEY CENTER."

Well isn't that special !!  What chance do I - a college *HOCKEY* fan (as
opposed to a *Wisconsin Hockey* fan) - have at obtaining half-decent tix
to the 1993 Phinal Phour ?!?  How many Badger Season Ticket Holders bought
tickets for the 1992 Phinal Phour *before* they knew that Wisconsin would
be there ??  Many of us who had such a good time in Albany were planning on
attending in 1993 irrespective of the participants (as we had for previous
Phinal Phours in Minneapolis, Lake Placid and Providence), but we hadn't
expected to encounter such hubris from the 1993 Organizing Committee that
we'd be forced to purchase tix for the Badger Showdown too to avoid sitting
in Green Bay to watch the games.  I guess the Good Burghers of Milwaukee
have found ONE way to make sure they raise the upfront $$$ the NC$$ requires
of the host city.  My one word comment from Solomons - BOOOOOO !!!!!

Jim Love, a member in good standing of #6 on the Bradley Center priority list:
A member of the general public who would buy tickets to only one event *AND*
was critical of Wisconsin's bush-league performance following the 1992 Title
Game in Albany.