From:
Randal Dalhoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 1992 08:17:52 CDT
Concerning the Iowa State player mentioned below, the program I
received at the games here at ISU had him listed as coming from
China.  The Cyclones played an exhibition game in his home town,
which I cannot remember, a few years back.  I do not have a program
now, so I do not know if he was on the team at the time of the game
or decided to play for the Cyclones after possibly seeing them play
in his home town.  I also am not sure of how his name is spelled.
Guess I will have to dig up a program.

It has been a custom here at ISU for the hockey team to raise enough
money to go on game playing tours all over the world.  China was a
stop on a Eastern tour.  They have played in Europe and Russia also.
Is this common among club teams?  When I was at RPI, I never heard
of any "real" (non-club) teams going on tours.  Maybe I just did not
pay attention.  Are club teams governed by the NC$$ game restriction
rule?

>There was a player for the Iowa State Cyclones named
>Anfu Wong if I remember correctly.  He had five goals
>and four assists during the tournament and was named
>Tournament MVP after he led the Cyclones to victory
>over the Wolves of The University of Michigan (Dearborn)
>in the championship game.  He had two goals in that
>game I seem to recall.
>
>After the game I overheard the Iowa State coach talking
>to the players in the locker room and I think he said that
>Anfu was Vietnamese (but I could be wrong).
>
>Andrew Coll [log in to unmask]

Randy Dalhoff RPI '72, ISU '74
[log in to unmask] [log in to unmask]

To:  HOCKEY-L@MAINE