From:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 1992 11:38:55 CDT
The question has arisin in some discussions here about the rules
for eligibility:

1. When a student transfers, how much eligibility do they retain?

2. When a student transfers, how long do they have to sit out?
   What does "sit out" mean -- how much can they participate with
   the team...

3. Now that I think about it, what is a "red shirt" allowed to do?

4. For non-transfers, what are the eligibility rules?

I realize now that I am asking for a lot of information, and if I
had ordered a rule book, I'd probably have the answers.... I
*will* order a rule book for next year! (I wonder... if everyone on
hockey-l ordered a rule book, would the NCAA notice? Would it be
the biggest single increase in rule book orders in NCAA history?)

thanks,

	--david