From:
"Ryan G. Stone" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 1992 10:23:25 -0400
After perusing the CCHA league "schedule" which was posted here, I have come up
with a question.  Actually this has always bothered me.  What posesses a league
to want to play each other so many times during a season.  Don't you think 2
games would be sufficient, 1 home 1 away.  Traveling partners as is done in
the ECAC can be arranged to make travel easier, and those teams who WANT to play
an extra game with a conference RIVAL can schedule it in the many extra games
left over for non-league play.  This 3 game 2 year cylce is ridiculous and
playing each other 4 times is worse.  If I am correct, if Michigan had beaten
Wisconsin in the Semi-Final, they would be playing a National Championship
against a team they had ALREADY faced 5 times.  That probably would have been
BORING.  Make each league game count for more by reducing the number of times
you play each team, practically every team makes the league playoffs anyway,
so what's the use????

-Ryan Stone
 Lawrence University (Appleton, WI) '93
 Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute '93

| RYAN G. STONE                    | | "In the Beginning, there was a Great |
| 218 North Hall, R.P.I.           | |  Void.  Then God said 'Let there be  |
| Troy, NY   12180-3590            | |  Light!'  There was still a Great    |
| (518) 276-7230                   | |  Void, but at least He could see it."|
| e-mail: [log in to unmask]          | |                   -Source Unknown    |