From:
Mark Grassl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 1992 17:17:41 CDT
My apologies if I scoop some Maine fans(don't be mad at me Wayne)
but the news must go through.

The biggest recruiting news in Madison is that the Ferraro twins,
Chris and Peter, will be signing with Maine.  Wisconsin sought the two,
who are among the top college prospects, as well as a number of other
teams(NMU, SCS, LSSU).  The Long Island natives finished 1-2 in the
USHL(they played for Dubuque, then Waterloo) scoring race with Peter(48-53-101)
leading the way and Chris(42-40-82) next.  The Ferraros also played on
the US bronze medal team in the past World Junior Championships.

Badger recruits
name              position           team
Jim Carey         goalie             Catholic Memorial(Boston)
Max Williams      center-wing        Deerfield Academy(Boston)
Mickey Elick      defenseman         Calgary Royals Junior

Wisconsin has at least one more scholarship to give.