Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 1992 09:05:56 EDT
William Krebs writes:

>I heard from a Wisconsin fan that MSU turned over many of the seats they
>couldn't use to Wisconsin so their additional fans could attend but that
>Michigan did not & took their tickets with them. I was able to procure
>two seats in the MSU section and did notice the Michigan section was empty
>at the beginning of the final. Also noticed many more "State" fans in
>attendance than Michigan fans. (sorry of the constant UM bashing but I
>did root for them during the first game). Any additional facts on this?

Well, I can't speak for the entire Michigan contingent (although I often
try to), but I know that many of us didn't have access to our Saturday
tickets.  Most of the Michigan fans were relatives or guests of the
players.  We couldn't get our tickets until we were inside the Arena.
They were non-transferable -- i.e. we never actually received a full
ticket, just a stub.  The ONLY person that could use my ticket on Saturday
was me (yes, identification is required).  The fact is, I don't know if
Michigan even had any Saturday tickets.  Our seats were for Michigan games
only, hence we did not have tickets for the LSSU-MSU game.  We certainly
would have dished the Saturday tickets if we had the opportunity.  By the
time the game rolled around, we were relaxing at home watching the
Wolverines polish off Cincinnati.  NO CONSOLATION for the hockey disaster.

John H
U Mich