Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 1992 00:18:29 EDT
Having returned from Albany to more work then I expected, I have not had a chan
ce to catch up on my E-mail until the middle of the night.

   A number of comments have been made about the officiating in Saturdays game,
 but a couple of thoughts from an ECAC student might as well be thrown in.  As
Dave Smith said, he was consistent.  Not only in that game, but with the way he
 always officiates.  He calls a tight game, but does call evenly.  While we may
 disagree on the style, once you know what the ref is calling, you should adjus
t (as did LSSU).  Officiating like this may explain why some games this year ha
d less penalties in the third period.  Once players know how the calls will go,
 they adjust.  Wisconsin did not do that on Saturday.
    About Dave's analogy to a speeding ticket, I believe it was very appropoe,
and, Dave, What is the fine for 63 in a 55 in Pennsylvania? ;-)?

    And lastly, I am sure that I speak for most easterners who heard complaints
 about our officials, we ould be more than happy to see only WCHA and CCHA offi
cials at subsequent Phinal Phours if the bother you so much, unfortunatly, you
keep wanting to send teams to these gettogethers.  (Sorry, but I feel that the
ECAC has been being picked on a little bit, and this was the only semi-clever w
ay I could defend our league.) :-)

William Sangrey
Cornell '87 &'9?
Let's Go RED! (November can't come soon enough)