From:
Beth Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1992 10:35:44 EST
Thanks to Mike for reminding me that I wanted to post this.  We are
expected to get some wet snow/sleet/freezing rain (they haven't
decided which yet) tonight (Wednesday).  Channel 13 and my radio
station are predicting approximately 2" on the ground by Thursday
morning.  After that it just looks like flurries for Friday and some
more snow on Saturday (low accumulation--1"?).  However, it will be
cold and windy (daytime temps in the mid to high 30s evening in the
low 20s).

Don't pay attention to snowfall amounts in Rochester/Syracuse and apply
them to Albany...unless you are coming that way.  Albany gets very
little snow.  While Syracuse had over 160" this year, I don't think
Albany broke 30".  Also, with the last 2 storms we've gotten, we
haven't had more than 2.5" with predictions of up to 6.

What does this all mean?  Who knows.  The weather around here is
unpredictable.  If it is snowing, we probably won't get more than
2".  However, it will be cold.

Finally, a travel note.  If it is snowing throughout the state of
New York, and you are coming from the west, I recommend the NYS
Thruway (as opposed to Routes 17 and 88).  The Thruway will be
plowed and monitored.  17 and 88 run through sparsely populated areas
and are not maintained as well as the Thruway.

I've driven Route 17 in a snowstorm...you DON'T want to do it.

To keep this on hockey:  Good luck to all the teams coming.  I
look forward to seeing some of the western teams play.

Beth