From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 1992 10:49:30 EST
Just a couple of officials notes.  Thanks, Keith, for posting these!  I'm
really not trying to be picky here.

>NCAA WEST REGIONAL (Joe Louis Arena, Detroit) 3/29/92
>
>LAKE SUPERIOR          3  2  3   8
>MINNESOTA              0  1  2   3
>REFEREE: MacConaghy (ECAC)  LINESMEN: Earle, Demers (HE)

Earle & Demers are from the ECAC, not HE.

>NCAA WEST REGIONAL (Joe Louis Arena, Detroit) 3/29/92
>
>NORTHERN MICHIGAN      2  4  0   6
>MICHIGAN               2  2  3   7
>REFEREE: Gallagher (ECAC)  LINESMEN: Melanson, Fowkes (HE)

There are two Fowkes, Rich and Bob; both have handled linesmen's duties
this season although Bob is also a referee.  Rich is Bob's uncle.

It's kind of amusing that the NC$$ tournament handbook states that officials
may claim transportation expenses, but they must fly coach (anything more
is out of their pocket).

- mike