Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1992 11:45:58 PST
Ryan Stone writes: "I believe that Intentional Offsides occurs when an attack
player dumps the puck
into his offensive zone when 1 or more players are deeper into the zone than
the top of the face-off circles."

now, i don't have a napoleanically strategic mind, so maybe i just can't see
it, but what would a player have to gain by deliberately dumping the puck for
an offsides?  Is it just to get a stoppage of play, or something?  please clue
me in here.

ross

ps. congrats to the ff teams!  i am lookin' forward to a terrific game this
saturday!  BTW, i saw an ESPN "sports news" broadcast sunday (while waiting for
Ren and Stimpy to come on :) and they didn't as much as flash a quick score on
the screen while i watched.  do they even care about drumming up an audience
for the final game or not?  they even wasted five minutes with some meaningless
"b-ball players picking the Oscars" [log in to unmask]  What do i care if some pituitary
mutant freak liked "the silence of the lambs" or not?  ;)

pps. does all the bickering we do amongst ourselves regarding the nc00's
treatment of hockey really have any point?  have we any power as fans?