Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1992 12:35:24 EST
To clarify some comments I made earlier:

  I stated that from what I've seen (0-3 with 22 GA) of Minnesota this
year, they couldn't finish higher than 8th in the CCHA.  No one has ripped
on me yet, but I have had a few personal messages that mentioned this
comment.  I THINK that Minnesota is a great team (one of the top 3-6 in the
nation).  They certainly dominated the WCHA this season.  If they were in
the CCHA, they would be right there with UMich-LSSU-MSU (what a conference
that would be).  However, based on the 180 minutes that I've actually seen,
I couldn't see them doing better than 8th.  Obviously, the REAL Minnesota
Golden Gophers have not showed up on the same nights I have this season.
I hope I haven't offended any Gopher fans.

To add to Justin Doherty's comments:

  AGREED.  Michigan got the best of the situation Sunday, but it's a
shame that such a critical game had to be decided by special teams.  My
friends and I decided that each team should have been given ten 2-minute
power plays and see who could score the most with them.  A modified shoot-
out if you will.  That's basically what happened on Sunday.

John Haeussler
Univ of Michigan
CCHA fan