Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1992 11:17:44 EST
First, I have to properly credit Michigan for coming back to defeat
us after being down, 6-3 late in the second period.  The Wolverines
are a talented group and will, I believe being playing Saturday
night.

However, I thought it was a terrible injustice to have allowed
special teams to decide the outcome of an NCAA Tournament
quarterfinal game.  Referee John Gallagher's penalty calling created
an unbelievable 21 POWER-PLAY OPPORTUNITIES between Michigan and
Northern Michigan (12 for UM, nine for NMU).  Michigan scored five
PPGs and NMU had two PPGs and one SHG.

Again, I'm not blaming the officiating for our loss.  I simply think
that two quality teams such as Michigan and Northern Michigan should
have been allowed to decide a game of that magnitude with a little
less influence from the officiating.

Justin Doherty, Northern Michigan