From:
Beth Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1992 23:35:38 EST
Our local news (WNYT) just showed a video of the hit when McNamara was
injured.  They replayed it a couple of times and from the angle we saw,
it looked like any other hard hit.  You never know.

They also reported that he was awake now and the prognosis is good.
Finally, they said that Plattsburgh will be wearing his number 18 on
their helmets this weekend.

One interesting piece here...this was part of the "news" segment of
the show.  It was before the weather, and not part of the sports
broadcast.  It's nice to see a station take good news about a relatively
localized event and place it in the first 10 minutes of the broadcast.
I believe this is the first time the injury has been mentioned on this
station.

Beth Weise