From:
"Craig A. McGowan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig A. McGowan
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1992 18:10:55 EST
Here in the Albany, NY area, we were fortunate to have our local cable
company pick up NESN for the ECAC games this weekend (unfortunately they
didn't pick up the HE semis).

I was really impressed with the job the announcers did.  They seemed to know
alot about all the teams.  They also knew many details about the individual
players (which high school they went to, etc.).  They did a much better job
than the people who did last year's NC$$ tournament.

Our local cable company switched from the RPI-St. Lawrence game at midnight,
which was during the intermission between the first and second overtimes!
Boy, were there alot of mad people in the tavern I was in.  We ended up by
hearing the rest of the game on the radio.  Apparently Newchannels just had
a machine on a timer switch away from NESN.  The next night, they started
showing the HE final, but cut away after the second period...

After seeing the games, I'm having some difficulty sorting out PC, UNH,
St. Lawrence and BU.  To bad we didn't have some interconference games on
Sunday!

I bet alot of teams are happy to have RPI gone finally, you never knew what
you were going to get from them on a given night.
--
Craig