From:
"Billy G. Taylor" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Billy G. Taylor
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 11:19:04 -0500
I was able to watch two games last night from my home in CT.  I have to
agree with Brian Morris' comments about the Harvard/Maine game.  For a
playoff game it was poorly played and both teams, particularly Maine,
should be embarrassed.  As hard as the NESN commentators tried to hype
Harvard's effort, there's no excuse, except for over-confidence, for
Maine to fall behind by three to a rather mediocre Harvard team that
seems to have a penchant this year for blowing leads late in the game.

The other embarrassing game I saw was UND/Holy Cross.  The commentators
kept emphasizing what a great moral victory it was for HC not to get
blown out.  I know that an autobid should probably be given to each
conference champion but games like this certainly make one wonder.
Their only value is in the (remotely) possible novelty gained by a
vastly inferior team pulling the upset.

B. Taylor
RPI '74