From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 2004 09:23:24 -0800
Actually, I thought the assistant referee tripped over a Harvard stick
as he was skating backward.
I didn't think it was an ice issue. But I do agree that there seemed to
be a lot of ice related falling in both games.
It was cold out in the corridors and downstairs but I thought the arena
was quite warm. Perhaps the ice was soft .

And I also agree about the atmosphere. Only Clarkson seemed to bring a
large number of fans. Of course, there are a large number of Clarkson
Alumni in the area, so that helps. Dartmouth didn't even bring a band.
As much as I love having the ECAC's in Albany instead of Lake Placid,
you just can't get a "full house" feeling when you get 5640 fans
(attendance from the morning T-U) into a rink that holds 14,000. 5640 is
slightly over the capacity of the RPI Field House but, in the Pepsi,
that's empty. I think they'll take a financial bath this weekend without
having RPI, Union or Cornell in the tournament. If it weren't for
Clarkson, it would be even worse. Last year, they didn't fill the arena
but I think they drew more people than they could have fit in the lake
Placid arena (mostly due to the Cornell fans). That won't be the case
this year