From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 1992 17:37:35 EST
Just wanted to let everyone know, for clarification, that the source of
my posting on the situation with non-Ivies not being allowed to go to
Alaska while Ivies were allowed, was a high-ranking administrator at a DivI
hockey school - not Merrimack, so you don't wonder.  As I was asked
specifically to not reveal who this was, I won't be doing so.  I understand
some of you may have thought it was a friend of a friend's second uncle's
grandfather's brother :-), but that is not the case.  If I did not believe the
source was credible or had any reason to doubt it, I would have called it
a rumor as I have done with various things in the past like the BC coaching
rumors.  I can add nothing more on the verifiability of the source, so if
folks think an anonymous source is too much for them to believe, that's ok.
It's up to readers now to make up their own mind.  I'm sorry I cannot give
you all the information you deserve to decide whether or not to believe it.

- mike