From:
"Craig A. McGowan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig A. McGowan
Date:
Sat, 29 Feb 1992 17:36:30 EST
> 2 Maine
> 5 BU
> 8 Harvard
> 9 PC
> 11 UNH
> 13 Clarkson
> 14 Yale
> 15 SLU
>
> and other factors like strength of schedule, etc. push Harvard down even
> further, so it is conceivable that if Harvard wins the ECAC tourney,
> only one ECAC team will go in favor of a fourth HE team or another West
> team.  But I am inclined to think politics will prevent this from
> happening, meaning at least one deserving team will probably get to watch
> on tv.

I see it going this way, based on the ECAC regular season, Clarkson, Harvard,
and SLU have essentially even records.  If the two finalists are from this
group of three, then the two finalists will go to the Nationals.  All three
of these teams are probably better than UNH, in spite of the NC$$ poll, but
its likely that the three will not get all get bids, since the ECAC seems to
have a weak reputation relative to HE.

This is unfortunate.  I have seen Clarkson, Harvard, and St.  Lawerence all
play unbelieviably great hockey this year.  I would find it very hard to
pick the best two at this point.

Obviously, its hard to know what will happen, but I would think something
like this would be a fair result, assuming no major tournament upsets.

1 Maine
2 BU
3 ECAC #1
4 ECAC #2