From:
Indy Rutks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Indy Rutks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 12:42:33 -0600
> May as well start speculating.  If I were the Wisconsin AD, this would be
my
> list of candidates:
>
> George Gwozdecky: UW alum, record of success, could be looking for a move
up in
> prestige
>
> Dean Blais: has long-term contract at UND, but possibly the best coach in
the
> business.
>
> Mark Johnson: UW alum, assistant to Sauer, ready to be a head coach?
>
> Mike Kemp:  Former assistant to Sauer, successful as head coach at UNO,
looking
> to move up?

Here's the speculatin' from the WSJ article
(http://www.wisconsinstatejournal.com/sports/8984.html ):

Prominent among the potential candidates to replace Sauer are four college
coaches with strong ties to the UW program, as well as head coaching
experience: Denver coach George Gwozdecky, Badgers assistant Mark Johnson,
Nebraska-Omaha coach Mike Kemp and Colorado College coach Scott Owens.
Johnson and Gwozdecky are former UW players. Another former Badgers player
expected to be in the mix is Don Granato, who coaches at Worcester (Mass.)
of the American Hockey League, which is an affiliate of the NHL's St. Louis
Blues.

-Indy