From:
Kevin Coty <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Coty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 12:05:51 -0500
Greetings,

I've been reading all the recent posts about the decline of messages
from the list and I too have been slacking off.  To make up for it,
I'll mention to those who haven't yet heard about the last-second 1-0
OT loss for Ohio State when they played Miami on Friday Nov 30.  The
game was one of the best I've seen OSU play at home this year and on
that particular night, Miami played just as well.  With about 5
seconds left in the OT, the crowd is on their feet to congragulate
OSU (and Miami as well)  for a well played game.  The puck is loose
around the OSU net and all of a sudden, the goal judge turns on the
light and the ref signals a goal for Miami.  When I looked up at the
clock it said 0.1 sec. remaining.  At that time a collective groan
came from the crowd.  As an aside, I watched as the ushers escorted
the goal judge out of the arena in under 5 seconds.  I was very
impressed at that.  I guess they didn't want the guy to get assulted
for making the call.

My question is this:  Does anyone remember if this has ever happened
before, either in regulation or in OT?

Just doing my part to contribute,

Kevin
--