From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 1992 11:29:20 EST
I wasn't sure if this made it out a few days ago, I thought some people
might want to get together in offices, etc. and send off a message.  If
so, why not cc your message to hockey-l.  Some people have asked, so I
thought this would be helpful.

I saw a clip with Dorothy Hamill last night where she said in 1976, the
night before her gold medal winning performance, she had a bunch of
telegrams and she decided to read them.  She opened one, didn't recognize
the name, and figured she would ask her mom later on who it was.  Then she
read the next one; same thing.  After a few more, she realized they were
almost all from ordinary people who didn't know her but wanted to wish her
luck, and that meant a lot to her.

- mike

YOU CAN FAX HEINZE AND U.S. TEAM A MESSAGE (from newspaper)
If you want to send a message to North Andover's Steve Heinze [or other U.S.
players - mike] you can, by fax machine.

Heinze has been accepting numerous messages, letters and pictures at the
Olympic Village.

The fax number is: 011-33-79-46-28-51.

On the cover sheet, put: Steve Heinze, Ice Hockey, Delegation Olympic de USA,
Village Olympic de La Tania, 73029, Albertville Cedex, France.

"I'd love to get messages," said Heinze.

Cost of the faxes to Heinze and U.S. hockey team is about $6.
(end)
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   mikem@{beanpot,bubba}.ma30.bull.com