From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 13:53:00 -0400
I don't know whether this was posted earlier and I missed it:

According to a story on USCHO,  SLU freshman goaltender
Derek Gustafson has signed a contract with the Minnesota Wild
and given up the remaining years of his college eligibility.

This is outstanding news for RPI and the rest of the ECAC ;-)
but it must be a devastating loss for the Saints given that
Gustafson was one of the key players to carry them to the
Phinal Phour last year and promised to be the backbone of their team for the next several years.

Aside from that, leaving school at this stage of the off season
probably has SLU scrambling to recruit a replacement goalie and
not much time to recruit someone.

Any SLU fans out there? Can you comment on the Saint's goalie
situation? Who do they have as Gustafson's backup?