From:
Emmitt Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Emmitt Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 23:51:12 -0600
On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Eeyore wrote:

Another important difference is that the CWS is in the summer, when people
can more easily travel.  Driving to a west regional in March can be a
crapshoot.  Next year will be the first time a regional is within easy
driving distance of North Dakota.  It's also the first time a regional
will be held in a city considered West by anyone other than the NCAA.
(In fact, Mariucci probably isn't more than a mile west of the
Mississippi).  Here's to Denver getting a regional at some point.  At
least that is a desirable destination.

Brian Hvinden