From:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 21:21:06 -0500
>At 12:07 PM 3/9/99 -0500, Edward N. Moller wrote:
>>Consider also what may happen if a dark horse wins its conference tournament.
>>Suppose that BU wins the Hockey East tournament (hey I can dream).
>
>This is not so far fetched.  I fully expect BU to beat Providence in the
>first-round, for a probable game with UNH in the HE Semis.  BU has had
>UNH's number (until last year's NCAA's) in *big* games, and then with an
>emotional title game against (likely) either BC or Maine, it could go
>either way.
>
>BU fans probably can't count on their team winning HE (but who can?), but
>if I had to pick a darkhorse, they would absolutely be my pick.  I don't
>want to have to play them, that's for sure!!
>---
>Deron Treadwell -

Well, BU better stay out of the penalty box.  HE statistics show that PC is
first in power play and BU last in penalty kill.  And, I'll tell you,
Providence is one difficult place to play.

The only scenario I see is PC blowing out BU in the first game, getting a
little complacent so that Larocque steals the second and, in the third, BU
takes the early lead, Providence starts to doubt themselves and winds up
losing.

Larocque better have a good series and not fall down on the winning goal
like he did against Northeastern last week.  Otherwise their gone.

Greg Ambrose