From:
Adam Wodon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adam Wodon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 10:58:34 -0600
> College Hockey always seems to be way behind other college sports
> like football, and basketball. When the NCAA Selection Comitte
> choses the 12 teams to make the Natoinal Tounrey, is it going to
> be broadcasted accross the nation on CBS?!? Basketball and
> Football get National TV coverage on a regular basis. Is the
> Frozen Four on Nation TV? (That is really a question, I don't
> know). If the Media could tell people that there is a sports
> called hockey, and it is played at the college level. College
> Hockey would be a lot better off.

Nice try, but you can't expect the "media" to just generously say, "oh yeah,
sure, put the selection show on our network. We'll gladly give up the
advertising $$"

Bottom line - millions will watch the basketball show - millions won't watch
the hockey show ... the fact that it's now on ESPN2 is progress enough at
this point. NHL hockey is the least watched sport as it is, and we're lucky
that's on network.

AW