From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 16:24:53 -0500
At 02:03 PM 3/5/99 -0500, Adam Bryant wrote:
>> Deron Treadwell wrote:
>>
>> It is my understanding that the #1 and #2 teams have never met to decide
>> the title the last weekend of the season, so they haven't really been able
>> to do it before.
>
>What about BU vs. UNH two years ago?

Blame Ed Saunders (HE Media Director), it was his quote that led me to
believe that the league title has never been decided like this before.

I'm sorry that some people are trying to read into controversy here, but I
don't know anything of it.  Maine's always recognized a regular season
title with a banner and a trophy and that is my frame of reference.  BU has
been so dominating and won so many of these, that perhaps they don't really
"care" about it.  I think this championship is real important to the people
of Orono and Durham this year and it certainly will be celebrated no matter
who wins it!

Why does the league not make a big deal out of this (until now)??  I don't
know.  Maybe it is to preserve the excitement of the postseason tournament.
 Do other conferences have regular season trophies?

It is interesting that this is what people gravitated to, and not the
question of who you would pick if you had to win one game, Krog, Kariya or
Gionta?  Let's drop the puck and bring out the trophy.
---
Deron Treadwell - [log in to unmask]

"Any idiot can face a crisis -- it's this day-to-day living
that wears you out."    - Anton Chekhov