From:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 21:02:49 -0500
Mike Machnik is correct in his analysis, except that the second tie breaker
after head-to-head competition is a team's record against HE opponents in
descending in order, 1st seed through 4th seed. Assuming that UNH finishes
first (I hope, I hope), fifth place for Merrimack and BU would be
determined by their records vs. the Wildcats.  I believe that BU wins
(1-1-1) over Merrimack (0-3-0).

In today's media release from HE, they have BU locked into fifth since
their record vs. Maine (1-2-0) is better than Merrimack's (0-3-0) just as
it is vs. UNH.

Greg Ambrose