From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 18:44:32 -0500
I will always remember 1988 at the NC$$ in Lake Placid, when Maine fans
nearly unanimously backed their victor Lake State against St. Lawrence in
the championship game.  Many of us agreed that those from the Soo were
really friendly to the first-timers from Maine (in my case, especially so
the Laker cheerleaders whose hotel rooms were near ours).

St. Lawrence fans sort of considered the 1988 matches their "home games"
and weren't reluctant to remind you of it.

And 1988 was our first time meeting the fans from North Dakota; that
cemented our choice of support in 1997.  1999 may turn out more like 1988
in terms of high respect from Maine for an opponent from away.

>Yup, just like the Badger fans behind us who rooted *quite vocally*
>against OSU
>& Michigan.  I think it's fair to say the "big 10" also has some strong
>rivalries.
>
>Dave Hatfield
>UML'86

Dan Doucette

***  Isn't it fitting someone named Garth Snow is playing  ***
***            for a hockey team in Canada   ???           ***