From:
Will Anzenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Will Anzenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 12:11:34 -1000

> If the other side can stop the Gionta line, BC's next lines are not that
> deep; then they're vulnerable.  Your side, of course, must have some
> scorers of its own, and be prepared for contact.

Is that really the case when you have Farkas with as many points as he
has.  Isn't it really that they rarely have had their two top lines
play well in the same game.  If they do, they are tough.  If they
don't they lose.

It seems to me that they have an average goaltender (some would say
that is a stretch, but I'll stick with average), and a defense that
tends to pinch a little too much and often breaks down.  Wouldn't be
critical if they had one of the top 2-3 goaltenders around, but I
think that *at best* the goalie is 4th best (again, some would bury
him deeper in the HE ranking).

I guess the thing that probably hurts BC is that line that *defense
wins championships*, and I think that fall short in that category
(much to people's pre-season suprise).

I don't see UNH or Maine slipping in the regular season, and BC could
slip to a 4 if they don't realize that weekend splits don't cut it.

Will