From:
Marcus R Day <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marcus R Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 04:28:11 -0500
Just a couple quick comments on the whole topic...

        1) Were the games that were televised "sell-outs"???  I would
guess the answer is "no".  That leads me to believe that those people in
Boston who wanted to see the games were at them... I think that's a
reasonable conclusion, right?  So why do they need to appeal so much to
the Boston "community"???  Wouldn't this mass of people (bostonians) like
to see games they aren't a T-stop away from seeing???

        2) Gionta vs Krog.  Both are truly talented hockey players.
But what about Kariya, Stringer, just to name a few...

        3) I have seen the latest add for Fox Sports Boston promoting
Hockey East as "pure adrenaline" or whatever it is, and I must say I'm a
little disappointed.  Was UMASS-Amherst even in the commercial??

        4) And what about Kariya???  I would expect that Maine fans may
have a little something to say as well about Fox Sports Boston and how
they cover certain players...

        5) The Krog Ad...

                a) I truly think it was a defense mechanism
                b) When was the last time a Hobey Baker Winner was given a
commercial spot???  I certainly cannot remember Drury having one last
year...
                c) The puck idea didn't work last year, probably
because...
                d) The people on the Hobey Committee are smart people, and
can see right through all these marketing schemes...
                e) I can't stand that I'm saying this, but I kind of hope
Krog DOESN'T get it now, so we don't turn such a prestigious award into
one of Money and who has the best production equipment.  I'm all for Krog,
as he is truly an outstanding player, but I'm for college hockey first,
and its future (campaign slogan???)

        6) May the best Man win...

Drop the Puck
Marcus

| Marcus R Day                                    http://www.unh.edu/upd  |
| [log in to unmask]                              http://www.dac.unh.edu/ |
| http://pubpages.unh.edu/~mrd/index.htm                                  |
|        "No one will ever be free 'til nerd persecution ends!!!"         |
|                       -Anthony Edwards as Gilbert                       |
|                         in Revenge of the Nerds                 |