Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 1992 07:52:30 EST
It's funny that Mike M. should mention Piotrowski's name as being the
official handing out pre-game penalties at the 1990 N Dakota - BU tourney
game.  Piotrowski was the referee for the UM-LSSU game Saturday.  Not
only did he not control the pre-game festivities (no penalties!), but
the game itself was a horrid exhibition of officiating all around.
I recall a WCHA fan commenting on Piotrowski earlier this season.  Take
him, please - the CCHA could do without him.

Note - Before I get flamed for Piotrowski bashing, let me point out that
he does have one quality that I enjoy -- he takes no guff from the players
and is quite a conversationalist on the ice.  He tells everyone how it is
and the way it's gonna be.  His decisions are usually fairly poor (my
opinion), but at least they're decisive (which does not imply consistent).

John Haeussler
Univ of Michigan('89,'90)
GO BLUE!