Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 12:25:47 -0500
-- [ From: Kepler * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Kevin, in his excellent remarks on the minor pros, remarks:

> Cal Ingraham, playing for the Idaho Steelheads in
> Boise scored the fastest hat-trick in team history the other night...

This is one of the best reasons why the lower minor pros are such fun.
Diminutive skill players with little hope of breaking the NHL "Duh" Barrier
thrive there, and the colleges (and the Canadian juniors for that matter)
produce no shortage of these.  For example, I saw Peter "You broke it, you
bought it" Ciavaglia, late of Hahvahd, play a similarly dominant game in the
TacomaDome* last year.  The contrast is striking, since out in the western
minors at least there are also a larger-than-one-would-expect presence of
Neanderthals (both on the ice and in the stands).

 -- Greg

* Geek aside:  This trip also let me drive across the new Tacoma Narrows
Bridge.  It was uneventful.

--

*  Greg Berge