From:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 05:40:08 -0500
Tony Buffa mentioned the Tristate League and wondered why it
only consisted of teams in New York (Clarkson, RPI, and Union).
That was indeed its make up when Tony was at RPI and my early
years at RPI.  When it was founded in the early 1950s, it was
indeed tristate consisting of Colgate, Middlebury, and Williams,
besides for the three schools that I mentioned above.  Colgate
left after one year and Williams soon thereafter.  Kurt Stutt has
an excellent history of this league as well as a lot of
information which can be reached from:

http://www.rpi.edu/~stuttk/hockey.html

The only problem is that Kurt's choice of colors makes it
unreadable to those of us who are red-green colorblind without
looking at the source code.

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74