From:
"Ryan G. Stone" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 1992 19:13:36 -0500
I realize that engineers love to come up with new design ideas, but this is
HOCKEY, not raquetball.  I would guess that more baseballs fly into the stands
during a baseball game than pucks into the stands in a Hockey game.  I haven't
seen many ball parks with a "mesh fence" or "glass dome" to protect the fans,
nor do I believe there are any plans in the near future.  Both sports add extra
protection where needed, high glass at the ends of a rink and a back stop
behind home plate.  The point is when you attend a game you should be watching
closely enough so that if a puck comes hurtling at you, you can at least get
a less important body part in front of it to protect those more important
parts (no examples being that this importance may vary greatly from fan to fan
Hockey is exciting as a fan when you can sit back from the play and watch the
patterns and exciting plays and feel like you are there.  Don't segregate,
fan-player interactions are what makes, college hockey especially, EXCITING.
Keep your head up, bring a glove maybe, and go home with a souvenir, and I
hope your team wins, unless they are playing mine.

Purely Opinions,

:r myend
-Ryan Stone
 Lawrence University (Appleton, WI) '93
 Rensselaer '93

| RYAN G. STONE                     | "An individual can make a difference  |
| Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute  |  a team can make a miracle."          |
| e-mail: [log in to unmask]           |              - 1980 U.S. Hockey Team  |