From:
Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 23:33:11 -0400
thing I don't get, is that it's university money whether the music dept.
pays for it or the athletic dept. pays for it. Plus with UNO making
somewhere between 1 and 2 million a year off of hockey, they could spare the
$15,000 to get a pep band at the games if they really wanted one, I wonder
if they just wanted the 50 extra seats or so to make a little extra money.

I don't think it's the pep band students causing this, I think they want to
play at the games, (free admission to all home games, I'd do it). It's the
fricken administration/red tape that's keeping them out of it.

Oh, and $90 is average price for a hockey jersey/sweater/whatever (what I'd
hafta pay if I got a UNO or NHL one around here), which is what they wanted,
not just a t-shirt or somethin. Maybe a little excessive, but again yer
talking under $1000 to get those for the whole pep band when the team is
makin you $1,000,000+.

Ben F.
U!N!O! U!N!O!